- It redefines the world of colour to produce the most brilliant reds, more stunning black-and whites, & a wider colour range than ever before with the 12-ink pigment system which include the new HP 73 Chromatic Red and Quad-black Ink set.
- Create beautiful black-and-white prints with smooth transitions, deep blacks, and neutral grays with the HP Quad-black ink set.
- Get superior gloss uniformity and minimize bronzing on most glossy photo papers with HP Gloss Enhancer3.
- Enjoy an expanded color gamut which achieves 95% PANTONE® coverage8 enabled by chromatic red ink.
- Over 50 HP papers, including photo, fine art, coated, and display-graphic printing materials.
- Achieve consistent & precise colour results with HP Dreamcolor Technologies & embedded Spectrophotometer. Simplify profiling & calibration tasks which you can create, share, & export paper presets with great ease.
- Simplify workflows: easily access, create, and share paper presets7 using the enhanced HP Color Center.
- Create a customized PANTONE® simulation swatchbook5 with HP Professional PANTONE® Emulation.4
- Enables productive operation and great ink efficiency with automatic service routines and Optical Drop Detector.
- Save time and money: embedded TIFF, JPEG, and Adobe PS3/PDF RIP enables direct job submission, queueing, and nesting5.
- Optimize performance and get great ink efficiency6 with automatic servicing routines. An Optical Drop Detector (ODD) prevents nozzle clogging, printing errors, and media waste.
- Efficiency-enhancing features include an HP Embedded Web Server and print previews which mean no trial and error.
Speed specifications Speed specifications
Print time color image ISO N5 (best, metric A1 glossy paper)12.4 min/page
Print time color image ISO N5 (normal metric A1 glossy paper)7.2 min/page
Print time color image ISO N5 (draft, A1 coated paper)2 min/page
Print time color image ISO N5 (normal metric A1 coated paper)3.8 min/page
Standard, 80 GB
Print quality (best)Color: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpiBlack: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Print technologyHP Thermal Inkjet
Number of print cartridges 12 (blue, green, magenta, red, yellow, gray, photo black, matte black, light cyan, light gray, light magenta, gloss enhancer)
Compatible ink types
Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T)
Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified
EIO Jetdirect accessory slot
Power and operating requirements
< 170 watts (printing), < 31 watts (ready), < 12 watts (< 30 watts with embedded Digital Front End) (sleep), 0.1 watts (off)
ENERGY STAR® qualified
Operating temperature range5 to 40° C
Operating humidity range20 to 80% RH
Dimensions and weight
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H) 1770 x 690 x 1047 mm